Thursday, January 17, 2008

Are You Curious?

I hate January. It is so cold, dark, and depressing. In order not to succumb to the depression that always seems to chip away at my reserves, I have to think of funny memories. I just thought of one, and thought I would share.

I have a dear friend who was my first roommate at Weber State University. She was so much fun. Anyway, she brought with her this footlocker. That in its self isn't to odd, but the footlocker was locked with a padlock. This really got my curiosity going. I was imagining all sorts of things that were locked up in that footlocker: a 1830 pistol collection, a life size Leonard Nimoy doll, a fully functional drug lab (Ha...all you Star Trek fans thought I was going to say kidney), the raciest collection of paperbacks known to man (or woman for that matter), a larger than life collection of alternate identities. I had her living all sorts of double lives, she was really a spy for the CIA, a double spy from Canada, an evil scientist bend on world domination, a super hero. . . well, you get the idea. One day the curiosity got to be too much for me, and I simply asked. I was never more disappointed in my life. Turns out she kept her extra bedding in there!

2 comments:

Jes said...

Did she prove it to you? If not I'm suspecting she had her first roommate in there.

Jeramie said...

Yeah. I totally didn't believe that she would lock up her bedding, so she showed me.