Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pink...Tacos?

I watched "Legally Blond" once. I remember being struck by a sudden thought half way through..."This should be a horror flick, everything is pink!" Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the color pink. It has it's place...healthy gum tissue, a kitten's tongue, Klingon blood. Most people would be shocked to learn that I even used to wear pink. We all do crazy things in our childhood.

It used to be that you could count on a few things in this world to not be pink. Trucks, camouflage, hummers, guns, guy food....well, you get the idea. In junior high school, I saw a pink truck. I was in shock for a week. What would possess someone to do that to their truck! If they didn't like it, they shouldn't have bought it! Then came pink camo. I still can't figure out why you would want pink, purple, or any other psychedelic color of camo. I had a long-sleeved camo shirt once. It was green; it also had sparkles. I threw it away when I couldn't wash the sparkles off. A few years ago, I saw a pink hummer. It brought fond memories of one of Steven King's first movies "Extreme Machines." If ever was there a car made for that movie, this was it. And yes, I have seen a pink shotgun. I felt bad for it. It was so getting picked on by the turkey guns.

Taco Bell has a new taco. Nick was so excited about it, he called me at 3 to make dinner plans. On the way to pick up the new Volcano Taco, I had to question Nick about it. I asked the usual questions...Where did you hear about it?...What is it?...Would you like me to leave you alone with it? He gave the usual answers...A commercial, he was so excited that he called me right after it finished...It's really, REALLY hot...Thanks, but that won't be necessary. They won't notice that I'm in the room.

We tried the taco...well, he tried the taco. My poor stomach isn't made of cast iron, more like stressed aluminum. I consider it a major accomplishment that I no longer have to take Tums after every meal. Any way...I digress. He was disappointed in the taco, it wasn't hot. And, the Mountain Dew he had with dinner let him stay up all night thinking about how he ate a 'pink taco.' We had to go back. Eating a pink taco is disturbing, but eating a hot pink taco is manly. I don't get it.



**Thanks Taco Bell, for the use of your pic. I didn't think that you would mind.**

2 comments:

Jenn said...

i agree a pink taco is disterbing! and this comming from a girl who only ownes a few non-pink clothes.

Jes said...

I think Taco Bell is disgusting. That it's pink makes it disgusting and unnatural.