Thursday, October 22, 2009

12 Steps--Step 7


I know, I know, it's been forever since I've last turned my attention to my logic problem. The other night Nick even mentioned that I was slipping.

So, I give you step 7: a prayer for total wholeness.

For this prayer, I'll be modifying "Jack's Lament" from The Nightmare Before Christmas. For those of you who read fan fiction, the usual disclaimers apply. For those of you who don't, I don't own the rights to this song, or anything in The Nightmare Before Christmas. To my knowledge all of that belongs to Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, Touchstone Pictures, Walt Disney Pictures, and others more fortunate than myself. If you want to sue me for all that I own, just let me know. I'll mail you a check for $16.27, COD of course. It will be split equally in the event of multiple notifications.

A Prayer for Total Wholeness:

There are few who'd deny, at what I do I am the best
For my talents are renowned far and wide.
When it comes to logic, laced with sarcastic wit
I excel without ever even trying.
With the slightest little effort of my eclectic mind
I've seen grown men give out a shriek.
With the fewest of words, and a well placed fact
I've seen the very boldest become meek.

Yet day after day, it's the same old string,
And I grow so weary of this endless fiend.
And I am the logic queen
Who's grown so tired of the same old thing.

Oh somewhere deep, all on it's own
An emptiness began to grow.
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known.

A master of inference, reason always reigns.
This devil never seemed so fair.
To my friends it's amusing, when the unsuspecting
can not escape my logical snare.

In banter or argument, no fact is safe
Any and all will be used in deductions.
No animal or man reasons like I can
with the fury of my suppositions.

But who here would ever understand
That the logic queen, with the nimble mind
Would tire of her crown, if they only understood
She'd give it all up if she only could.

Oh there's an empty place in my bones
That calls out for something unknown
The fame and praise come year after year
Does nothing for these empty tears.